ALDAR University college
The Future Energy
Sustainable Energy for All”, an initiative launched by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in 2011, has three global goals: to ensure universal access to modern energy services and to double the global rate of improving energy efficiency and increasing its renewable quantity in the global energy mix by 2030." World Bank President Jim Yong Kim says: "At the World Bank, we have set two ambitious key goals: eradicating extreme poverty and fostering the shared prosperity of the poorest 40 percent of people. To achieve these goals, we must address climate change. First, the poor are the people who are most affected and affected." Energy is an essential component of the universe and is a form of existence. Scientist derive Renewable energy from natural and abnormal sources, so it is divided into two main types: renewable energy and non-renewable energy. All kinds of power energy require the existence of unique mechanisms, tools, and techniques to extract and harness them for the benefit of man. Located in Abu Dhabi, Masdar City is the first city to be the world's largest sustainability city. It is the first carbon and waste-free city in the world. It is also the first fully solar-powered city.
Can we adapt to the new Global Changes?
Saudi Arabia recently announced at the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi that a project would combine geothermal, solar, and wind power. The power will provide 3.45 GW of renewable energy by 2020 and 9.5 GW by 2023.
The United Arab Emirates financed about 20 sustainable energy projects in cooperation with the governments of developing countries with a total value of about 2.7 billion dirhams (the US $ 737 million). To 1.652 billion dirhams ($ 450 million)
Sustainable Energy and Economic Growth
Sustainable energy development takes into account a set of goals that it seeks to achieve. Sustainable Development Goals are:
- Achieving a better life for the population through Preservation of the environment and dealing with nature.
- Effective utilization of existing resources
- Providing opportunities for future generations.
- Exploitation of modern technology in the production of Sustainable energy.
Incentives for the Use of Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development
- It is environmentally friendly and plays a key role in mitigating climate change.
- Available widely all over the world
- Reduce dependence on energy imports in a sustainable manner
- One of the world’s fastest – growing markets
- Economical in many uses and with significant economic return
- A local source that is not transmitted and adapted to the reality of the development of rural and remote areas
Main Types of Sustainable Energy
Scientists and developed countries have begun to build nuclear reactors to generate electricity, despite its seriousness. The sun's energy comes from endless nuclear reactions on its surface, and its rays cover the entire surface of the earth every day. The environment is like fuel from black gold
Fishers still use wind power to move ships instead of fuel; even giant ships exploit the wind. Scientists have thought about the possibility of converting wind energy to kinetic energy, running turbines, and generating electricity. Therefore, countries with significant wind power in the desert have started to establish wind power plants. The government aims to increase the Zafarana plant production to cover nearly 20% of Egypt's annual energy needs.
The idea of this fuel is to extract oil from algae and use it instead of diesel. Algae is characterized by its ability to divide once a day. That is, the volume doubled almost every day. The rapid algae growth needs sunlight and water. The growth rate increases with the increase in the proportion of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, so algae is one of the greatest sources of renewable energy.
All the countries in the world have exploited the tide, the generation of electricity, and the flow of rivers. For example, Egypt produces 11.2% of its energy from water. The most important advantage of this type of energy, it only needs to build a dam, or a tank to be used later in agriculture operations.
Have you ever seen a video of an Arctic traveler breaking the ice, bringing it to water and then lighting a fire? You know why, it is methane, where methane is produced by the decomposition of living organisms in water after they die. Recently, governments began selling a small power plant to farmers, where men put animal manure and plant residues in the little plant. After several simple reactions, they produce methane, which can easily be used in homes for cooking, and heating.
Renewable Energy Advantages
- Derivation from the natural process, so the energy never runs out.
- Renewable energy is environmentally friendly and clean.
- They exist permanently and are renewable again.
- Easy to use using simple techniques and mechanisms.
- It is very economical. It is an essential factor in environmental, social, and all fields development.
- It prevents harmful acid precipitation.
- Limit waste collection in all its forms.
- Cultivation is free of chemical contaminants, thus increasing agricultural productivity.
- It uses uncomplicated technologies and can be manufactured locally in developing countries
The benefits of renewable energy in the industrial field
- Distillation and desalination.
- Charge batteries at TV and wireless relay stations.
- Navigation alarms. Amplifier operating system.
- Renewable energy charges electric batteries.
- Electricity generation in remote villages
It is difficult to ignore the benefits of renewable energy projects, which reflect positively, whether local or global, on society, the economy, and on the environment. Clear policies are essential for adopting clean energy plans, which include limited absorptive capacity with distinctive objectives. In the Arab Gulf states with large-scale societies, energy efficiency is highest in comparison to other communities. Calls for a change in the current behavioral approach in Tawasul, hoping for a profound positive change towards the desired sustainability in the Gulf region. By abundance, sustainable energy is becoming a vital solution to the world’s energy needs. Besides, renewable energy also brings many positive impacts on protecting the environment, diminishing effects on global warming or pollution.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you liked what you have just read share it with you friends