This policy identifies ADUC Faculty members’ rights and responsibilities that encompass academic affairs, development of ADUC, and active participation in community services.
Faculty Roles and Responsibilities
Faculty Members’ role:
- Play a major role in enabling the ADUC to achieve its mission and goals through a strong commitment to educational standards and values.
- Fully commit to supporting students’ academic and learning activities.
- Develop and review all educational programs offered by ADUC.
- Revise and update the courses and curriculum based on feedback received from various sources.
- Program coordination, curriculum development, assessment, and updating.
Faculty Members’ Responsibilities:
- Faculty members’ main responsibility is to teach, conduct research, and take part in community services.
- Contribute to students’ co-curricular activities.
- Undertake professional development and contribute to the development of the school and ADUC at large.
- Maintain professional competence in their field of specialization and exercise such competence publicly in lectures, discussions, and publications.
- Other responsibilities are as stipulated in the contract.
Faculty member duties are classified under the following categories:
- Service to the Institution
- Community Engagement
Professional Staff Role and Responsibilities
Professional staff roles and responsibilities are to fully support faculty members to achieve every course’s goals and objectives that require practical work or tutorials. They are responsible for developing the laboratories under the faculty’s guidance and maintaining these in perfect order. They contribute to developing the practical skills of students in laboratories.