This 4-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices throughout the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the Planning Protection and Optimization Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular Service Design publication in preparation for the examination.
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable.
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Planning Protection and Optimization management of their own business environment is strongly recommended.
- Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes
The Planning Protection and Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications
- Individuals and / or operational staff who require a deep practical understanding of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization, for example: operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management and Risk Management
- IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs.
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): IT professionals, IT / business managers and IT / business process owners and IT practitioners
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Capability PPO exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 35