ALDAR University College
Bachelor of Science in Communication Engineering
Pursuing Developments is the key to Success
This degree Concentration aims to provide students with a supportive environment that helps them learn how to solve the problems of communications engineering issues. The Bachelor of Science in Communications engineering provides students with a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of electronics, principles of communication technology, design of electronic circuits, microprocessors, microcontrollers, communication systems, simulation, networking, and circuit theory. The department has qualified, experienced, and full-time faculty members. The Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering comprises a range of highly equipped laboratories such as electronics and digital electronics, analog, and digital communication laboratories. The curriculum encompasses subjects of great importance like mathematics, physics, electronics, digital logic, signals and systems, microprocessors, and fundamentals of communication systems.
A Brief History of Telecommunication Engineering
Telecommunication engineers began technological improvements through the telegraph industry. In September 1837, Samuel Morse developed a copy of the electric telegraph.
In September 1837, Samuel Morse developed a copy of the electric telegraph, joined him after that Alfred Phil, who grew a telegraph station that integrated a recording device to record messages to the paper tape. On July 27, 1866, the first successful transatlantic cable, the telegraph was completed.
However, there was no wired connection until TAT-1 was opened on September 25, 1956, to provide 36 telephone circuits, and in 1880, Bill and co-inventor Charles Sumner Tainter made the world’s first wireless telephone call. 
The Functional Environment of Communication Engineering
The telecommunication engineer-working environment is primarily to develop and improve the various communication networks spread all over the country. Communication engineers dedicate their time to design systems, improve the service companies provide to customers. According to recent studies and statistics published on the site Salari, communications engineers who work in the United States earns approximately $ 68,134 annually. This statistical study was conducted with the help of the Human Resources Department of telecommunications companies in different geographical areas.
Primary Objectives of this Degree Concentration
- Provide the private sector with skilled engineering competencies capable of building an independent functional entity in the field of communications such as maintenance and development of selected telecommunications equipment.
- Graduate qualified telecommunications and electronics engineers to continue their academic career in this field.
- Provide the United Arab Emirates and the region with academics and graduates in this field.
- Provide the telecommunications sectors with competent engineers who are capable of laying a modern infrastructure based on advanced scientific engineering rules.
- Demonstrate efficiency in the design, analysis, improvement
- Implementation of modern communication systems.
- Compete efficiently in a world of rapid technological change, and become innovative leaders, entrepreneurs, managers, or teachers in a broad context of communications engineering.
- Adapt to different roles and responsibilities in a multicultural work environment by respecting diversity and professionalism within the institution and society at the national and international levels.
- Successfully pursue postgraduate studies and become consultants in their respective fields
- Develop the private sector with skilled engineering competencies capable of building an independent functional entity in the area of communications such as maintenance and development of selected telecommunications equipment
After successful graduation, students will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Acquire the ability to apply knowledge in mathematics, science, network engineering, and communication.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as the ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Design system components or processes to meet the needs.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering network problems.
- Understand professional and ethical work responsibilities.
- Recognize the need to engage in the continuous lifelong- learning process.
- Ability to use modern necessary engineering techniques and tools in networks and communications engineering
Fields of Communications Engineer
- Various maintenance centers.
- Work in Cellular companies and companies dealing with telecommunications services.
- Work in University laboratories and research centers.
- Teach this specialization in universities after obtaining masters and doctoral degrees in this domain of expertise.
- Maintain Landline and mobile telecommunications companies and Internet service.
- Work in the Import and marketing of cellular communication devices.
- Communication equipment design.
- Establishing companies for telecommunication services.
- Work in university labs, study, and research centers.
Al Dar University College is proudly committed to helping its students and graduates enhance their careers and personal improvement through perusing their studies.
Books and Library Resources
Our library provides an extensive range of books and periodicals that deal with areas such as Business, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Management, and many more.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you liked what you have just read share it with you friends