ALDAR University college
All About Accounting
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
The Bachelor's degree in Accounting provides students with the detailed knowledge and skills needed to assume professional roles in corporate finance and accounting business. You will undergo a challenging program including Banking, Securities Analysis, Capital Analysis, Portfolio Management, Financial Legislation, Wealth management, international financial management, and reporting. Students will be guided to attain excellence in accounting concepts and techniques. To stay relevant in the world of business and finance, we keep our curriculum in a rigorous process of ongoing improvements. Students will learn how to use accounting information to make effective business decisions. Moreover, learners will study different types of reports, financial statements, and analytical tools used by managers.
Historical Background of Accounting Emergence
Historical Background of Accounting Emergence
At the end of the American Revolution, the first United States governmental accounting system was established to manage the treasury of the US. The British courts ruled the needed professional accountants to make financial calculations related to the court cases. Charted accounting concepts were introduced in 1887. The first standardized exam emerged with Frank Broaker becoming the first US’s Certified Public Accountant CPA. In 1923, General Motors GM developed new accounting techniques that helped to cut its costs and streamlined operations. The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) of the US, issued almost 200 pronouncements between 1973 and 2009 and thereby establishing the foundation of an accounting standard. It is widely believed that the development of accounting is a joint efforts of accounting expers and practicing accountants.
Benefits of an Accounting Degree
- Understand financial and managerial accounting theory and applying that knowledge in a business environment
- Develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills in business settings
- Master the technology used by accounting professionals, including the creation and management of spreadsheets, databases, and more
- Participate in a capstone course designed to put theory into practice
- Gain practical experience through faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments
- Develop discipline management, including planning, organization, staffing, and leadership.
- Incorporate principles and procedures of internal and public accounting.
- Make decisions; interpret results based on quantitative techniques.
Skills Required for a Good Account
accountants must carry out various financial tasks that require accurate calculation results
Deep Knowledge of financial principles and accounting terminology
This knowledge-base helps accountants perform a range of commercial business functions within an organization while communicating with other accounting professionals.
Relevant Problem-solving skills
When figures in accounting ledgers are not balanced, accountants must rely on their problem-solving skills.
Excellent business and finance
skills: Good skills and interest in the business world and its finances will help accountants prosper in their careers.
This expertise is essential for filing documents, maintaining records, and performing other required administrative tasks.
Employers must know that they can trust their accountant managers
Some of the Major Responsibilities of an Accountant
Responsibilities typically include, but not limited to
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Settle account disputes,
- Process employee salaries and other related matters,
- Provide balance sheets statements,
- Manage insurance claims.
- Make regular financial reports,
- Prepare reports and analyze the financial information of the department,
- Audit of financial records,
- Advice on tax matters,
- Perform internal inspections and transaction recording.
Our Bachelor degree provides graduates with the essential knowledge to support advancement in a variety of accounting and business administration future paths including but not limited to:
- Assistant controllers and income tax auditor
- Budget analyst
- Financial and cost accountant
- General accountant
- Internal auditor
- Junior accountant in public accounting
- Management trainee in banking or other business sectors
- Office manager
- Insurance companies
Technology is rapidly evolving as for addressing the demand of a world of individuals and companies seeking to optimize their daily activities and processes. Besides, accounting function has drastically changed its primary purpose from bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements to supporting the managerial strategy decision-making process.
Al Dar University College is proudly committed to helping its students and graduates enhance their careers and personal improvement through perusing their studies.
Books and Library Resources
Our library provides an extensive range of books and periodicals that deal with areas such as Business, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Management, and many more.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you liked what you have just read share it with you friends